" charts the growth of corporate education "Governments, corporations, and organizations that think ahead and have a vision far ahead need to build awareness and the ability to build a future society that is not only prosperous but also sustainable. The vision of the concept of sustainability is expressed in a variety of efforts relating to almost all activities in the community and aims to maintain, improve, and enhance environmental quality.
On the economic front we see an increase in investment in various forms leading to a variety of ' green solutions '. But to realize the vision of the project, efforts need to be taken based on a strong foundation, especially in the field of education that teaches the principles of sustainable development and good governance ( good governance ).
Nowadays more and more business organizations ( corporations ) who observe and measure performance not only in terms of money but also in terms of environmental, social and corporate governance ( factors Environmental, Social, and Governance / ESG).
Criteria 'new' has its own indicators to be considered in the assessment of the performance of an organization. Another aspect related to ESG contained in the principles of good governance ( good governance ) is the importance of taking measures transparatif issues concerning ESG. The purpose of all this is to produce a system of reporting to stakeholders that link financial performance to ESG. The rise of global attention on issues such radically reshape the business level and raises fundamental questions about the ability and sensitivity needs to be improved by the politicians, bureaucrats, and corporate executives at all levels, especially at a time when they are undergoing training in management and governance governance in higher education institutions. A book containing a collection of studies at the University of Gloucestershire's Center for Active Learning ( UK ) gives the term on the ability and sensitivity as " sustainability literacy " ( 2009 ).
But if we relate this issue to the entire realm of human resource capacity building in the 21st century, then inevitably the question should also be aimed at basic education and early. The problems faced by the national education today is how we can ensure that the ways we use to improve the welfare of society is not to deny the welfare of future generations ?. How can we inspire the educational institutions to produce role models (' champion ') lives the concept of sustainability ? This article will not discuss this issue at the level of basic education, but limited to the framework of the development of education management and responsible leadership and creating research institutions capable of generating sustainable solutions.
Many education experts and researchers that showed a strong correlation between the style or model management, strategic thinking, and the performance of the executives. Based on this conclusion, the quality of management education is the key to generating qualified managers and professionals are able to respond to the challenges of sustainability concepts.
6 Principles of Responsible Management Education ( PRME )
1. Objective : To develop students' ability to generate sustainable value for business and society at large and able to work in the global economic arena that is open (inclusive) and sustainable.
2. Values : To enter the values of social responsibility on a global scale as described in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact.
3. Methods : To create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that can provide an effective learning experience in the field of responsible leadership.
4. Research : Engaging the conceptual and empirical research that can add to our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of the company's activities to create social, environmental, and economic development.
5. Partnership : To interact with the managers of the company so as to expand our knowledge of the challenges they face to meet the social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
6. Dialogue : To facilitate and support dialog and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and groups concerned about the critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability issues .
Global trends indicate that the concept of sustainability will grow rapidly and become a business concept that plays an important role in the educational process for managers and future leaders. This transition certainly take time, active cooperation, and networking among public agencies and private. But the movement is an open opportunity for the exchange of knowledge and skills at the global level among international professionals who have been trained to develop the concept of sustainability strategies in order to create prosperity for all people of the world. The global competition between nations that will come probably be won by those who prepare future leaders by planting the principles of sustainability.